At Habitat for Humanity, we believe in a world where everyone has a decent place to live. To make this a reality, we bring our community together to help families and individuals build strength, stability and independence through affordable home ownership.
That’s why we’re developing Cityview Village: 28 condominium units for families and individuals in our community.
As a non-profit home builder, Habitat for Humanity partners with those who cannot afford a conventional mortgage to buy affordable homes through a no-interest, no-down payment mortgage.
In selecting partner families and individuals, Habitat WDG considers:
- The need for decent, affordable housing
- Families and individuals will be considered for a Habitat home if their present housing is not adequate and if they are unable to afford adequate housing through conventional means.
Factors for consideration
- Families and individuals must currently be living in the specific region in which they wish to apply for a minimum of 1 year
- Current living conditions are overcrowded, unsafe or unhealthy
- Housing costs are too high (i.e. more than 30 per cent of before tax household income)
Ability to pay a mortgage
Families and individuals must have a reliable source of income and demonstrated ability to pay for a modest mortgage. Factors for consideration:
- Affordability income ranges used to determine ability to pay
- Applicants must not have large debt
- Applicants will be asked to submit a current reference check, as well as other required documentation to confirm reliability of income
Willingness to partner with Habitat
Each family selected for Habitat WDG home ownership will be asked to contribute up to 500 hours of volunteer “sweat equity”. Sweat Equity can be volunteer support on the build site, in the ReStore, or with a variety of other Habitat projects.
how to apply
There are many steps involved in the application and selection process to partner with Habitat WDG for affordable home ownership. Interested applicants must first take a moment to fill out this application and return the completed version to:
Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph
Attn: Phillis Chang
100B – 104 Dawson Rd.
Guelph, ON N1H 1A6
Or email the application to: email@example.com
All information provided to Habitat for Humanity will remain confidential.
If you are over qualified for home ownership through Habitat for Humanity and are looking for mortgage assistance, please visit Creating Homes.