Within Reach is an organization that offers a hand up to homeownership in our community. As an extension of the Habitat affordable homeownership model, Within Reach works to empower future buyers by overcoming financial barriers that are preventing them from becoming homeowners.
Habitat for Humanity exists to make a difference in our community – for families, for each other, for generations to come.
Our current build, Cityview Village, is one example of that difference in action. With 28 units among three buildings, this “village” is a bright, stable and supportive community, comprised of seniors, special needs individuals, and single and dual parent families. With Habitat’s help, these individuals and families will thrive in a stable, safe and healthy environment through homeownership. They will experience improved health, education and employment outcomes.
One in eight Canadian households do not have a decent or affordable place to live. We know we need to do more. We need to bring homeownership within reach for more members of our community.
Within Reach is intended to support individuals and families that can and want to succeed in homeownership but could not otherwise get started on the path.
Who is Eligible
Applicants will be those who sit outside Habitat’s traditional program, and require a hand up to ownership.
Applicants must be:
- Earning household gross income below $120,000
- Pre-qualified for a conventional mortgage of 80% of purchase price
- Residents of the purchased home
- Of family size consistent with suitability requirements applied to traditional Habitat families
- Willing to partner by completing sweat equity (hours determined by the amount of shared equity second mortgage)
- Submit an application – available HERE
- Be advised of successful application
- Complete closing and other necessary legal documents
Please see more information about the units below:
- Cityview Village Available Units – May 2019
- Cityview – Block 2 – Lower Level – 203
- Cityview – Block 2 – Upper Level – 205
- Cityview – Block 2 – Lower Level – 206
- Cityview – Block 2 – Upper Level – 207
- Cityview – Block 2 – Upper Level – 211
To request more information, or set up a time for the Within Reach information presentation, please email us at:
Finance & Family Services Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph
Suite 100b-104 Dawson Road, Guelph ON, N1H 1A6
T: (519) 767-9752 x25