Call for Board Member Nominations.
At Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph, we believe that everyone deserves a safe and decent place to live. We mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting home ownership as a means to enduring social change. Our multi-faceted organization includes; a 30-unit home building development, retail operations in 3 ReStores, diverse fund raising activities, financing of home purchases and support of low-income families as they move into home ownership. We are looking for individuals to join our Board of Directors who have interest in and familiarity at a strategic or management level with one or more of these activities. Interested applicants please provide a resume and cover letter or complete the board-member-candidate-application form (by clicking on the link) and return them to Steve Howard, CEO at email@example.com.
Build Site Volunteers:
As members of our construction crew, volunteers receive the unique opportunity to work alongside partner families, as well as learn or practice a trade. Some of our volunteer opportunities include;
- Crew Member: lend a helping hand while getting the opportunity to learn about construction. No construction experience is required.
- Crew Leader: join the build site as a Crew Leader and have the opportunity to coach our crew members through their volunteer experience on the build site. Have a particular skill or trade? Teach volunteers the construction skills they need to get the job done right.
- On-site Hospitality: our on-site hospitality volunteers assist with making the build site experience an incredible one for our volunteers! They assist with on-site registration, engagement, and morning safety equipment gear-up.
Your help as a ReStore volunteer ensures our continual good work in building affordable homes for families in our communities. Some of our ReStore volunteer opportunities include;
- Warehouse: provide assistance in the ReStore by helping to receive product donations, assisting with our recycling program, as well as lending a hand with product pricing & merchandising.
- Kitchen Salvage: join our Kitchen salvage team to assist with the removal of donated kitchens to our ReStore.
- Sales Floor: assist with customer service & product merchandising.
- Cashier: assist with purchase transactions and enhance the customer experience.
- Appliance & Electronic Testing: provide assistance to the ReStore by testing and fixing (if possible) donated items for resale in the ReStore.
- The Studio: Studio Volunteers use their creativity and handy skills to assemble, re-purpose and up-cycle ReStore donations into unique, one-of-a-kind products for our ReStore!
Business Operation Volunteers:
As a business operations volunteer, we offer opportunities to gain administrative experience, build contacts and build your resume. Opportunities include;
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinators: assist with on-boarding new volunteers within the affiliate. And, depending on your skills, additional administrative duties may be added.
- Administrative Assistants: lend a hand with supporting department coordinators with general administrative duties, such as: data entry, research, filing, and more!
- Marketing & Communication Assistant: assist with responding to and developing content for various social media platforms and to support the Marketing and Communications Department in achieving specific goals and targets.
- Special Events: assist the Resource Development team in all things events.
Interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities? Contact our volunteer department at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!