We are pleased to share with you our build plans for an exciting new development on 11 Cityview Drive South in Guelph.
What are we planning?
Habitat for Humanity WDG is partnering with Creating Homes to provide affordable homeownership to 30 families in our community. Habitat for Humanity units will be supporting fixed income seniors, special needs individuals and low income families with 100% interest free mortgages (for further information on qualification criteria see below). Creating Homes units will be supporting qualified Creating Homes purchasers with interest free second mortgages as down payments (for further information, visit Creating Homes at creatinghomes.ca).
Building with our community, for our community.
It takes a community to build a village. Talk to us about the many ways you can partner with Habitat for Humanity WDG to help support the development of this transformative project.
Please click on the images below to enlarge.
- There will be 3 buildings that will be phased in – each three-storey unit will contain 8-12 ownership condominium units
- Residences will be at the back of the property on the eastern edge, so neighbours will still enjoy the environmental benefit of the wooded area that faces Cityview – in fact, we will be upgrading the trees, putting in a storm water pond and establishing a bike/walk trail. In our vision, it will be “park-like”.
- Built on a solid foundation these stone and brick homes will have modern energy efficient design and features.
Block 1 Floor Plans
Block 2 Floor Plans
Block 3 Floor Plans
In the News
- Habitat for Humanity building village in Guelph – Waterloo Region Record; March 27, 2017 – “It’s going to be really great to see a community come together and grow together.”
- Habitat for Humanity WDG plans to move away from single detached homes, create condos – CBC; March 24, 2017 – “Over the years, Habitat for Humanity WDG has built 24 separate homes.” Waterman said now they plan to build 100 units in five years.
- New condo village project for Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph – The Morning Edition, CBC; March 24, 2017 – A new Habitat for Humanity condo development in Guelph’s east end will support for families, seniors, and people with disabilities.
Habitat for Humanity switches focus in light of rising housing costs – Guelph Today; March 24, 2017 – “The need is just so great that for the amount of effort that goes into a build we have to make sure that we’re serving a wider constituency.”
Guelph takes action on housing market concerns – Media Release; March 21, 2017 – “Our community is improved by the market-value homes we’re building with the help of partners, donors and volunteers.”
Who qualifies for homeownership with Habitat for Humanity?
Condominium units will be sold to a mix of seniors and families who will meet the Habitat for Humanity WDG criteria for homeownership. To qualify for homeownership, the following criteria must be met:
- The need for decent, affordable housing;
- The ability to pay a modest mortgage, and;
- The willingness to volunteer 500 “sweat equity” hours
For questions regarding applications for homeownership, contact Amber Jessop, Manager of Family & Volunteer Services, at email@example.com or 519-767-9752 ext.37.
We are committed to keeping you informed. Please visit this site periodically for project updates. For any questions or concerns regarding the 11 Cityview development, please contact Jeff Born, Construction Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-767-9752 ext. 33
For media inquiries, please contact Rachelle Waterman, Communications Leader at email@example.com or 519-767-9752 ext. 24